Most of us have gotten used to the comforts air conditioning brings. We don’t sweat while sitting at home, watching TV or reading a book. We can fall asleep at night with a cooler room temperature. We have more energy during the hot summer months to do chores around the house or just play board games with the kids when we’re not hot. Jenin Supply in Bridgeview offers air conditioner parts so you can fix your AC unit when it’s not working. We thrive on providing the best AC parts for DIYers. In this blog post, we’ll go over some common things that can malfunction on your AC unit. Visit our store today!
TROUBLESHOOTING YOUR AIR CONDITIONING UNIT
- Improper wiring. When your air conditioner is not working, check your wiring. It may not be efficient in handling your type of air conditioner or there may be a problem with your wiring. If your circuit breaker trips every time the AC unit is running, wiring is usually the cause.
- Refrigerant needed. An air conditioning unit works by drawing hot air out of your home and replacing it with cooled air. A chemical called Freon cools the air before it is pumped into your home. Check the level of your Freon. If it is low, odds are you’re dealing with a leak somewhere and will need to have the leak patched up. Jenin Supply in Bridgeview sells packets for air conditioning leaks.
- Fan is not working. The fan that pushes the hot air out of your home can malfunction or break. When this happens, no air is transferred and the air conditioning compressor may overheat. For an air conditioning unit to work, all the components must be working. In an AC unit, the compressor is responsible for condensing and circulating the refrigerant through the outdoor unit.
- Outside unit not working. While the compressor changes the refrigerant from a gas to a liquid, the outdoor unit then turns the refrigerant vapor back into a liquid, removing any heat. This air is now cool and ready to be blown back into your home.
- Frozen coil. After the compressor and before the condenser or outside unit, the air is actually cooled by the coil. When a coil freezes, air becomes stagnant and does not move nor cool. This can be caused by dirty air filters, low refrigerant, or obstructed air ducts within the unit itself. Jenin Supply in Bridgeview sells air filters and refrigerant for all your AC part needs.
An air conditioner is much more complicated than people think (if they think at all about how their air conditioner works beyond is it working right now).
Jenin Supply in Bridgeview is proud to help DIYers with all their HVAC supply needs, including air conditioner parts. We understand that there are many advantages to DIY projects, and we want to make sure you have the HVAC supply parts when you need them. With years of experience in the HVAC industry, we are here to offer help and advice when needed. Visit us today!